Steps and time needed for implants procedures in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
The first part of the dental implant treatment.
- To place one implant it takes about an hour.
- To place many implants on one arch (half mouth, top or bottom) 4, 6 or 8 implants, it will take from 2 – 3 hours in one appointment.
- For the full mouth top and bottom, we split the work into 2 appointments, one day we place all the implants on the top, and 3 to 5 days after, we place all the implants on the bottom. This is the best way for less discomfort to our patients, and we need to prepare the temporary dentures that patients will wear for about 4 to 6 month while the implants heal.
- So, for a half mouth, you should stay here for a week.
- For a full mouth should stay at least for 2 weeks.
The second part of the dental implant treatment.
After 4 to 6-month implants heals and add biologically to the bone, so now they are ready to support the final set of teeth.
- To prepare half mouth patients should be here for 15 days.
- For a full mouth, more than 6 appointments are needed, so patients should stay here for 21 days.
- We always finish before the time we ask patients to stay, but we love to have the best result and spending the time needed is the right way to get them.